Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey IPS Quality

04-28-2023 11:06 AM
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

I have been capturing the IPS Quality data, whit the app IPS Setup, whit my device: (Android Samsung S21 FE) but when I try to upload the data, the IPS Setup App Broke up. it doesn't read the services exposed in the AGOL and when the app has been launched, it immediately broke up. 

Anybody knows why? or if surveying QA data is necessarily IOS SO?

thanks

Simon Marin
Solution engineer- Esri Colombia
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ips_Dejan
Esri Contributor

Hi Simon,

have you already generated a positioning file from the Survey recordings?

Which build of IPS Setup are you using? When you say "... when I try to upload the data, the IPS Setup App Broke up." what does it mean exactly, did the app crash? Can you please share a screenshot of the experience you are reporting?

0 Kudos
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

Hi @ips_Dejan.

I don't have any images. 😞
when I said that IPS Setup App has broken up, it means when I want to upload QA data the app closes and I can't upload again because the device shows "ArcGIS Set Up Stops".

So I can't view again the map, and I can't start the test mode. I can't do anything whit the app. I have to uninstall and install it again to app, or delete all apps data to works again

Simon Marin
0 Kudos
ips_Dejan
Esri Contributor

Hi @SimonMarin

usually, when the app crashes unexpectedly you should still have a chance to close it from the app switched (background) and then re-open it without losing cached data. 

Can you please try running the whole QR creation workflow again and record the screen while you doing it? This might help us figure out what's causing the issues. 
Also, can you please specify which app version are you running? Do you have a different Android device you could do this on?

0 Kudos
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

OK @ips_Dejan

My device is Samsung Galaxy S21 FE One UI Version 5.1, OS is Android 13

the IPS Setup App version is 1.3.0.

When i have the screen record i'm going to share whit you 😄   

Simon Marin
0 Kudos
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

Hi @ips_Dejan 

we try to get a Quality record whit an iOS device. but when we define the path and check on the quality record button the app keeps loading. I send an image in the attachments.

I tried to copy one record and change the attribute Recording Type to make the positioning Quality but kept errors. So we don't know what we must do.

and another question do you have the best workflow to make the surveys correctly whit the IPS Setup app 

Simon Marin
0 Kudos
ips_Dejan
Esri Contributor

@SimonMarin 

this might indicate there is some issue with the positioning file. what was your impression of IPS performace in Test mode of IPS Setup?

I have verified that QR are working as expected on Android 13 devices we have on our test pile, so that cannot be the reason behind the issues you are experiencing.

0 Kudos