Select to view content in your preferred language

IPS is not supported in this map

Jump to solution
02-02-2023 01:03 AM
Labels (2)
DanielLintott
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have been following the guided to setup ArcGIS IPS as part of my dissertation for university. I have managed to get the maps drawn and published as a Web Map to be able to survey the facility.

I was able to complete the survey in the IPS Setup app, and pull the recording back into ArcGIS Pro. I was then able to generate the positioning file.

I have now added the IPS Table to the map, which shows as a standalone table. But I am unable to get this to show up with the web map to be able to test the IPS setup.

(Create a positioning file—ArcGIS IPS | Documentation)

Any idea what I have missed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ips_Dejan
Esri Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Did you create your IPS data model (Recordings FC and Positioning table) using the Enable Indoor Positioning tool?
IPS_Positioning table should be part of your webmap from the moment you first publish it. No reason to leave it out while you are performing IPS survey and only include later on after positioning file generation. If this is the workflow you followed then you might need to re-publish or re-save the map from Pro after adding the Positioning table.

I see on your screenshot from Pro that you have already published an MMPK. Is this because you are executing performance/accuracy testing using ArcGIS Indoors app? This would be a final step you would usually do only after testing the performance using the Test mode of IPS Setup app. And in that case you do not even need to include Recordings FC because Indoors only provides positioning which is provided by the positioning file. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ips_Dejan
Esri Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Did you create your IPS data model (Recordings FC and Positioning table) using the Enable Indoor Positioning tool?
IPS_Positioning table should be part of your webmap from the moment you first publish it. No reason to leave it out while you are performing IPS survey and only include later on after positioning file generation. If this is the workflow you followed then you might need to re-publish or re-save the map from Pro after adding the Positioning table.

I see on your screenshot from Pro that you have already published an MMPK. Is this because you are executing performance/accuracy testing using ArcGIS Indoors app? This would be a final step you would usually do only after testing the performance using the Test mode of IPS Setup app. And in that case you do not even need to include Recordings FC because Indoors only provides positioning which is provided by the positioning file. 

0 Kudos
DanielLintott
New Contributor II

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for the reply! It would seem when I initially published the web map, I forgot/somehow missed the IPS poistioning table.

Starting with a fresh web map, seems to have solved the issue as it didn't seem to be possible to add the IPS_Positioning table to the web feature layer via an update.

As for the MMPK, that was just me experimenting with the next steps, looking ahead in the project.

0 Kudos
ips_Dejan
Esri Contributor

great to hear your issue was easily resolved. do not hesitate to get in touch if you stumble into any other issues later on.

0 Kudos