Error in Generate Indoor Postioning File

Jump to solution
01-26-2023 07:22 AM
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

Hi everyone

I´m Simon from Colombia.

I have been deploying the IPS Solution, for the Esri Colombia office, in ArcGIS Enterprise, version 10.9.1. I made the change in the service definition, for uploading pb files. 

All data is referenced in the geodatabase enterprise whit branch versioning.

When I try to generate the indoor Positioning file, I get the error # 999998 😞

SimonMarin_0-1674746073699.png

I'm executing this tool in ArcGIS 3.0.3 

Could you help me to know what I must do to generate the indoor positioning file?

Thanks for your help

Simon Marin
Solution engineer- Esri Colombia
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pkaniouras
New Contributor III

Hi Simon,

I have an idea that could resolve your issue. 

Select the IPS Recordings for the Generate Indoor Positioning File GP tool by clicking on the browse icon next to the IPS Recordings parameter, navigating through your portal items, and manually selecting the IPS Recordings from the web feature layer, as shown in the screenshot below.
Manually selecting the IPS Recordings web feature layer.Manually selecting the IPS Recordings web feature layer.
Do the same for the IPS Positioning table.

We have noticed that, sometimes, the selection either from the drop-down menu, or dragging the IPS Recordings layer from the active map view, creates similar problems to what you reported, because the web feature layer URL is not copied properly.

I hope this works. If it doesn't, please let me know and I'll try to find another solution for you.

Cheers,
Pantelis

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Will_Mertens
Esri Contributor

Hi Simon,

Have you tried disabling branch versioning on your Enterprise GDB?

0 Kudos
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

Hi Will.

I am trying without a Branch versioning loading all data from a FGDB.

but from referenced data, versioning is required because I have a planner solution deployed.  

Simon Marin
0 Kudos
GaborZsom
New Contributor

Hello Simon,

My name is Gabor and I am a Product Engineer in our IPS team in Vienna.

After an investigation with our PE team, we came to a conclusion that the error you receive might be related to your Enterprise instance. Could you please tell me if you are using ArcGIS Enterprise on Windows, or ArcGIS Enterprise on Linux with WA Java?

Honestly, we have a known issue which is similar to the error you receive and it only happens on ArcGIS Enterprise/Linux with WA Java. 

Thanks for your answer.
Gabor

0 Kudos
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

Hi Gabor 

Firstly thank you for your Answer.

I tell you that we have our enterprise in the Azure Cloud. All of our components are in Windows Server OS

and our WebAdaptor is deployed in IIS 

Simon

Simon Marin
0 Kudos
pkaniouras
New Contributor III

Hi Simon,

I have an idea that could resolve your issue. 

Select the IPS Recordings for the Generate Indoor Positioning File GP tool by clicking on the browse icon next to the IPS Recordings parameter, navigating through your portal items, and manually selecting the IPS Recordings from the web feature layer, as shown in the screenshot below.
Manually selecting the IPS Recordings web feature layer.Manually selecting the IPS Recordings web feature layer.
Do the same for the IPS Positioning table.

We have noticed that, sometimes, the selection either from the drop-down menu, or dragging the IPS Recordings layer from the active map view, creates similar problems to what you reported, because the web feature layer URL is not copied properly.

I hope this works. If it doesn't, please let me know and I'll try to find another solution for you.

Cheers,
Pantelis

SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

Thank you @pkaniouras 

now it works. 

it's very rare. Because when I get errors, the table and layers in a map in arcgis pro were referenced from a service layer. 

Simon Marin
GaborZsom
New Contributor

Hello @SimonMarin 
Happy to see that our team were able to help you out with the solution. 
Just out of curiosity, what kind of use cases are you considering utilizing IPS? Do you have any opportunities that you are working on right now? 

Gabor

0 Kudos