Select to view content in your preferred language

Error Generating Positiong File

Jump to solution
04-28-2023 09:02 AM
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

Hi. 

I´m trying to generate a positioning file. but I get an error

it is so weird because the file generated success. but, I think when it's uploading the tool returns an error.

SimonMarin_0-1682697463762.png

@ips_Dejan @Tejeshwar_Sharma 

I will be grateful 

Simon Marin
Solution engineer- Esri Colombia
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaoloFogliaroni
Esri Contributor

Hi Simon,

I can confirm: this is a bug we just found in Pro 3.1 and will be fixed in Pro 3.2.

In the meantime, the workaround is the one you found: as input for the "Target IPS Positioning Table" parameter of the "Generate Indoor Positioning File" tool, you should not provide the IPS_Positioning table view, i.e. the one listed in the map's Contents pane. Instead, you should use the "folder" icon next to the input field. This will open a catalog window and you should browse to your portal, Web Feature Layer (WFL), and finally to the IPS_Positioning table stored in the WFL. As a result, the input field will be filled with the URL of the table service.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

I solved it.

the best way to generate the positioning file is by referencing the web service layer. not from the map.

I hope that this post helps somebody.

regards

Simon Marin
Solution engineer- Esri Colombia
0 Kudos
ips_Dejan
Esri Contributor

Yes, Simon

Positioning files are meant to be created on the WFL as the survey data is also hosted there. In order to do it on your local map, you would have to export the survey data locally, but in that case, you would also have to be careful to still store the positioning file to the WFL in order to utilize it in IPS Setup's Test mode.

PaoloFogliaroni
Esri Contributor

Hi Simon,

I can confirm: this is a bug we just found in Pro 3.1 and will be fixed in Pro 3.2.

In the meantime, the workaround is the one you found: as input for the "Target IPS Positioning Table" parameter of the "Generate Indoor Positioning File" tool, you should not provide the IPS_Positioning table view, i.e. the one listed in the map's Contents pane. Instead, you should use the "folder" icon next to the input field. This will open a catalog window and you should browse to your portal, Web Feature Layer (WFL), and finally to the IPS_Positioning table stored in the WFL. As a result, the input field will be filled with the URL of the table service.