Select to view content in your preferred language

Zone Lookup Zoom Button

06-15-2023 11:01 AM
Labels (1)
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having a few of issues with the new "Zoom to results on map" button:

1. When I click the button it shows the pop-up of the feature on the map which is duplicative. Is there a way to turn this off?
  2. When I click the button it does not zoom to the extent of the feature. For example in this app when I click the zoom button for Congressional District 6 it zooms to the center of the district.
  3. It seems like it is no longer possible to select the feature without filtering it. Is that correct?
0 Kudos
11 Replies
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

Thanks for letting us know @ArielLow2146 .  We are working on some improvements that should be implemented early next week. I will comment again when we have been able to get the updates completed.  

MarkKBrown
New Contributor

The previous hover and zoom to function worked well if the zoom level was set, however on this recent update it seems now you can only click that zoom to result on map icon to see each result. This is not useful or intuitive for a non-GIS user to get to the result when there are multiple zones in the result. Is it possible to get some options to go back to the hover/zoom option, or customize the instructions button for the zoom to result? Thanks

0 Kudos
JacobBrunk
New Contributor

Thanks for starting this thread; I'd like a way to turn off the "Zoom to results on map" button. It makes the application look more clunky. This may just be an issue of limited customizability with Instant Apps.

0 Kudos
MarkLane
New Contributor II

Hello, have you been able to find a "work around" for this button issue?  I agree that it makes the app look clunky and also takes up unnecessary space on the screen.

0 Kudos
MarkKBrown
New Contributor

I was having a similar issue and it seems like going to -  Zone Lookup > options then unselecting "Enable map pop-up on zoom" will fix the redundant pop-up issue. 

MarkKBrown_0-1687279400762.png

0 Kudos
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the feedback on some of the changes to the Zone Lookup. The zoom to button is not able to be removed at this time, but we are adding back the highlight and popup title showing when hovering over the popup information in the result panel. The zoom to button will then zoom and pan to the feature. 

@ArielLow2146 We have added an option to turn off the pop-up when clicking the zoom to button. Also the issue with the features not correctly filtering after the search is cleared has been resolved.  

MarkLane
New Contributor II

Hello,  is the zoom to button something we will be able to toggle on/off in the future?  I agree that it makes the app look clunky and also takes up unnecessary space on the screen.  Below is a screen capture of my Zone Lookup instant app.  It sure would be nice to get back some of this white space.  Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Thanks

MarkLane_0-1723659819094.png

0 Kudos
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@MarkLaneThe zoom button will be hidden when the option "Panel syncs with map" is toggled off.  This is located in Zone Lookup section > Style results subsection (disable express setup). This will still highlight the feature but does not pan/zoom to it. 

ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

@BethRomero thanks for the update! I'm seeing some odd behavior when I turn off the pop-up. I'm working on putting together a repro case. 

You mention that the zoom to button will zoom and pan to the feature but in my app I'm still having an issue with congressional districts that the button doesn't zoom to the extent of the feature.

0 Kudos