Zone Lookup: Use all search sources when searching

03-17-2021 04:58 PM
Labels (2)
LindsayKing1
New Contributor III

I understand from this post that I need to configure my Zone Lookup application with only one search source if I don't want my users to have to use the drop-down to select a source when searching.  I'm wondering if it is possible to configure Zone Lookup to use all configured search sources concurrently when executing a search so that the user does not have to select a single source?

For example, I would like to use Zone Lookup to allow users to search either using an address or by entering their parcel number.  I have configured Zone Lookup to include the parcel layer as a search source (in addition to a geocoder) and parcel number as a search field.  However, to be able to search using a parcel number, the user has to specify the parcel search source using the drop-down, which is annoying.

I think it would be a much better experience if they could just enter their search term - regardless of whether it's an address or parcel number - and search using all configured search sources concurrently.  A lot of our users have grown accustomed to the search experience in Web AppBuilder, which does provide this desired search experience with multiple search sources, so I think coming to Zone Lookup and having to select a search source from the drop-down is going to be a difficult adjustment for them.

0 Kudos
0 Replies