Select to view content in your preferred language

Zone Lookup Record Count not accurate

01-09-2024 11:52 AM
-j-b-
by
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I'm using the Zone Lookup Instant App and have expanded the Maximum Number of Records Returned by Server: from 2000 to 8000 however the number returned in the Zone Lookup app stays at 2000. 

Has anyone experienced this or found a workaround to get the correct number displayed in the app? 

Thank you! 

Julianna

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

At the last release of ArcGIS Online we added logic to the Nearby app to limit the number of results returned and display a message when that limit is exceeded letting users know that there are more results in the area and they should search, filter etc to reduce the search area. 

We plan to add this to Lookup for the upcoming release. This wouldn't resolve your issue but it would let application users know that there were additional results in that area. Can you tell me more about your use case for displaying 8000+ results?  Is it more about the count of results? Or do your users need to see the info for that many locations?

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 2.03.39 PM.png

0 Kudos
-j-b-
by
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly, 

Thank you so much for your response. 

We're using this application mainly for the count results. 

The largest dataset we're querying contains roughly 15k records and the geographies being used to spatial query are quite large. So far the largest dataset I've seen returned is about 4,500. However, due to the current limitation, in order for the user to verify how many records fall within the area they'd need to download a csv and calculate the difference to get the actual count. We were hoping to use this application mainly for quick reference counts, not necessarily displaying the results visually on the map.

I don't see this message when I reach the 2000 record limit though, is there a setting associated with it? 

If we were to use WAB these queries would have to be done individually vs all at once with the zone lookup app and I haven't seen this functionality in Experience Builder. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

 Currently this is only available in Nearby. But after the next release of ArcGIS Online this will be available in Zone Lookup too. Here's the result you'd see where it displays the total result count then lets you either zoom in or view the first 500 results for each layer.  Let me know if this won't work for your use case?

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 3.17.45 PM.png

0 Kudos
-j-b-
by
New Contributor III

Oh okay, so the total count will still be displayed in the result just not visually on the map? 

Do you know when the next release will be? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos