Zone Lookup App Configuration

07-01-2019 09:30 AM
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

The ArcGIS Online June 2019 update happened last week and I've gotten to work with the Zone Lookup Configurable App template. Very cool!

I've enabled the setting to use a polygon as the search geometry, where features from another layer that intersect the selected polygon have their results returned, but it appears that only that layers features are returned (not returning the other layers info).

Has anyone else experienced this yet? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the configuration options.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Kyle! 

I am glad to hear that you like the Zone Lookup application! 

As for your question, your understanding that the specified search layer should include features that intersect with the polygon is correct. 

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Since we are seeing one result appearing from the search it might be that something was cached. 

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Sarah!

My sorries for neglecting this! I've checked this now, and it seems that loading time may have simply been slow.

On a similar note, do you know if the search results supports showing related data?

Kyle

0 Kudos
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Kyle, 

That is not a problem at all! Search results should include the feature layers that reside in the map. Are you looking to see related records of the features that are returned?

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
EricBregant2
New Contributor II

Has anyone figured out a way to re-order the layers? I have tried to set them up in the order I want within the map view but the app seems to randomly order them. I would think it would be a simple function to add if it is not there already.

EricBregant2
New Contributor II

Also noticed the "Use Current Location" function is not available even though it is mentioned in the default welcome screen.

0 Kudos
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

Hi Eric, 

The "Use Current Location" is only available through HTTPS, does your org use HTTPS? You can test by changing the url of your app to https..  Here some more information FAQ—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

0 Kudos
LukeAllen2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Beth, did something happen to the Zone Lookup app? I noticed on the blog post that it was accessible from 'Create a Web App.' once you share your map on AGOL, but I do not see it in any of the select-able templates? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

Hi Luke, 

The blog post is showing the Esri default configurable apps.  Organizations have the option to customize which apps are available from the Create a Web App menu by setting a group in the Organization Settings. If your organization has a group set, an admin will need include the Esri default apps with the custom group.  To make this update navigate to Organization > Settings > Map > Configurable Apps > click Share the Esri default app button.  To get the most up-to-date apps click that button after each ArcGIS Online update.

0 Kudos
LindsayKing1
New Contributor III

@EricBregant2 I agree.  I would also like to be able to configure the order in which the layers are listed in the results.  To my knowledge, there is still not a way to do this.  

0 Kudos