Where are feature creation and edit time stamps?

Jump to solution
05-22-2017 03:07 AM
BrendanMcGill2
New Contributor

I am trying to build a crowd-sourcing application. AGOL does not support anonymous user tracking (unlike other PPGIS services: e.g. Maptionnaire), and since I don't expect all my users to create Esri accounts, I need another way to control which features appear on the map.

My only idea is to use the edit tracking time stamps to display only recently created features. I know that AGOL is tracking time stamps because I can see them on the feature popup. Yet, they do not existing in the attribute table-- only the dates do.

How can I access these time stamps and use them to display my features?

Thanks,

-Brendan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrendanMcGill2
New Contributor

I have found a solution to my problem.

Time stamps do not appear in the attribute table, but when you apply a filter based on the CreationDate or EditDate it still functions perfectly. Displaying only features "in the last X minutes" is a reasonable solution to the lack of anonymous user tracking. This gives users a few minutes to edit or delete their features if they make a mistake, but at the same time prevents them from being influenced by, or disturbing, other user's features.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

- Brendan

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BrendanMcGill2
New Contributor

I have found a solution to my problem.

Time stamps do not appear in the attribute table, but when you apply a filter based on the CreationDate or EditDate it still functions perfectly. Displaying only features "in the last X minutes" is a reasonable solution to the lack of anonymous user tracking. This gives users a few minutes to edit or delete their features if they make a mistake, but at the same time prevents them from being influenced by, or disturbing, other user's features.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

- Brendan