Web app with Legend always visible?

04-17-2019 05:28 AM
AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

Other than the jewelry box theme template, is there any other way of configuring a web app with the legend always visible?

I have a simple map with only one layer with simple symbology in it, I need to show the legend all the time, so people don't have to click on a widget to get the legend up... the jewelry box theme has half the map taken up with the legend which is too much when there's only one item in it and I can't see a way to resize it.

What i need is a legend that sizes dynamically according to the number of layers in the map and is always visible in a corner of the map out of the way.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Anne

2 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Anne,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I too have only found the jewelry box theme and it is a little clunky and chunky. I'm curious to know what you ended up doing.

tagging Web AppBuilder Custom Themes‌ and Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS

0 Kudos
AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

Adrian,

Not yet other than to get one of our developers to create a map from scratch using the Javascript API.  I think we're going to stick with the billboard theme in Web App Builder for most maps but where we want a really simple map with always on legend I'll have to ask our developers to help.  Maybe one day there'll be a widget for this.

Anne

0 Kudos