Weather widget in 3D viewer Startup configuration

Jump to solution
03-31-2022 08:05 AM
Labels (1)
DirkSilbermann
Occasional Contributor II

I just tested the weather widget in instant apps and it works nicely so far - we waited for this

One issue is confusing: by default it always starts using "foggy" environment, no matter what is choosen during app configuration (first time I was wondering were the "white overlay" came from).

Please either set start up to "sunny" by default or make it possible to save weather settings during app configuration!

Or do I miss something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Good catch on the fog I can see how that would be confusing when the app loads. I will make the update to set sunny as the default weather you should see that update tomorrow. 

We also plan to expose the weather type and cloud/fog strength as configurable options at the next release of online due out later this year. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KellyHutchins

Good catch on the fog I can see how that would be confusing when the app loads. I will make the update to set sunny as the default weather you should see that update tomorrow. 

We also plan to expose the weather type and cloud/fog strength as configurable options at the next release of online due out later this year. 

DirkSilbermann

Great, thanks for the quick response!
(However, I cant see any changes if app loads until now, hope you can give us sunny weather by default, soon 😉

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

@DirkSilbermann  there was a delay in the update - the current plan is for it to go live tonight. In the meantime if you need a fix and are familiar with using AGO Assistant you can edit the app data and change the weatherType property from foggy to sunny. 

Stefan_Thorn

@KellyHutchins at this moment it is only possible to use the weather widget in a global scene. Will it also become usable in a local scene? 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

We rely on the widget from the ArcGIS Maps for SDK and currently that widget does not support local scenes: https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-widgets-Weather.html

0 Kudos