Select to view content in your preferred language

Sidebar URL Parameters Default/Home Extent Incorrect

08-18-2023 07:20 AM
Tiff
by
Occasional Contributor III

With the new URL parameter feature in Instant Apps, this is helpful for zooming to specific features. Unfortunately, after setting up URL parameters it now sets the default/home extent to a random/zoomed in area of the map rather than the home extent. This makes it not ideal to use this map to look at all features without any URL parameters set. Is this a bug or something I could set to prevent a different home extent?

5 Replies
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @Tiff,

Thanks for reaching out about this. That is interesting behavior, would it be possible to share a video of what you are seeing when this occurs? 

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
Tiff
by

Hi @SarahMcDonald_Esri., I will message you to share a few links of how it is functioning.

0 Kudos
HarkeeratKang
New Contributor II

Hi @SarahMcDonald_Esri, I see this same behavior. It happens as soon as you pick a field for the URL parameter in the Sidebar instant app configuration.

0 Kudos
Tiff
by

Thank you for chiming in on this issue @HarkeeratKang. I exchanged a few messages with Sarah but have not yet resolved the issue.  

SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

@Tiff @HarkeeratKang 

Sorry about the delayed response. I was also able to reproduce that behavior, the team is looking into it. Will let you know once there are any updates.

Thanks!

Sarah