Searching Features

Jump to solution
06-06-2017 12:27 PM
MichaelBullington
New Contributor

Hi all, I'm new around here. I've configured a web app. My question is, can I allow users to search field data (feature data), in this case trail names) with the search feature?

I've seen this : Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS  -- but I do not have the "Find Locations" setting on the map in My Content or elsewhere. I'm not even sure if this is the correct approach.

Any help/direction would be most appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
MichaelBullington
New Contributor

Jake, thanks for taking the time on this. It's interesting, the search on your app works, but not all trails are on the map. In my app, for instance, there is a trail called the "Ridgeline Trail" in Eugene, Oregon. It is not in your app. It is also not in the featured layer (which makes sense, of course). It is in my csv file that the Featured Layer was created with.

I guess I'll start over and see if I can figure why the featured layer is missing data. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

The good news is that the search seems to be finding the data that is there.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The issue is with the CSV.  There were about 15 - 20 or so rows that had no coordinates for the Lat/Long fields.  This was causing an issue when trying to create a feature service, only 400 features were created.  I deleted these and then recreated the service and 1,220 features were created.  You can take a look at the CSV and feature service (trails_updated) in the Group.

0 Kudos
MichaelBullington
New Contributor

Thanks again. The issue was in the data. Though, my initial confusion was that I was using a web map and not an application. So, a learning curve was taken and all is working well.

0 Kudos