Select to view content in your preferred language

"No attachments found" in the Attachment Viewer App, despite working attachments

Jump to solution
06-14-2021 07:22 AM
Labels (1)
BillSchlatter
Occasional Contributor

I've seen several older threads on this general topic, but none of the solutions I've seen in them have worked for me.  

I'm currently testing out the Attachment Viewer configurable app in ArcGIS Online as a replacement for the "classic" Shortlist storymap template.  It looks like the app should be perfect for our purposes - an image-focused layout with a map to provide geographic context.  However, I can't seem to get the app to work with the test data that I've cobbled together so far.  When previewing, I get the "No attachments found" message, and when I open the builder, a small warning box says, "This application requires a layer that supports attachments and has 'supportsQueryAttachments' set to true."  

I'm not sure how to directly check the 'supportsQueryAttachments' flag, but the Query Attachments operation seems to be working just fine on the REST service.  

The only thing I'm aware of that I'm doing differently from the tutorials and walkthroughs I've found is that the attachments aren't being created using any of Esri's field collection apps.  I used the Enable Attachments and Add Attachments tools in ArcGIS Pro to add the image attachments to the layer in an offline file geodatabase before uploading that layer to AGO.  

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong, or how I could try to fix it?  

For reference, here is the layer service I'm using: https://services1.arcgis.com/xUx8EjNc6egUPYWh/ArcGIS/rest/services/TAP_Test/FeatureServer/0

The AGO item page for the layer: https://semcog.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=dccf0576266a4ac2b19c53dbabcbd5bc 

The test app: https://semcog.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/attachmentviewer/index.html?appid=9b5d26ab4f80430782584f... 

And the test map: https://semcog.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=39cb00ff9b654d92b29a6b4cf6d36c21 

0 Kudos
18 Replies
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User,

I took a look at the sample app that you have provided and I was able to pinpoint the issue. It looks like the app is running into a stop caused by the 'Only display features with attachments' setting being enabled in the attachment focused layout. 

In the meantime, here are a couple workarounds:

- Disabling the 'Only display features with attachments' setting in the app's configuration experience which can be found in Attachments > Only display features with attachments.

- Selecting the 'Map focused' layout option which can be found in Attachments > App layout.

See screenshot below:

RyanLibed_0-1643242923724.png

Hopefully, either of these workarounds work for you. But thanks for reporting this! We'll work on getting this issue addressed and fixed for the next ArcGIS Online update. 

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Best regards,
Ryan

ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

Any updates to this, I am still getting the same error.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ArmstKP it was updated in the last ArcGIS Online release but yes the error still occurs for me too. The last update has fixed the code so the viewer now works when we apply the 'Only display features with attachments' option. So in that respect you can just ignore the error.

RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Thanks @Anonymous User! 

Hi @ArmstKP,

I can take a closer look at the error that is falsely displaying. However, if there are issues with your published/launched app, please let me know and I can take a closer look. If you happen to have a link to a sample app, and/or steps to reproduce the issue, feel free to post them in the thread.

Best regards,
Ryan

0 Kudos
GB_-_JonathanJew__GISS_
New Contributor II

I am running into the same issue as well. I have a feature service of points with photo attachments. Interestingly, If I load one map with that feature layer the app works as expected. However, a different map (the one I really need in the app) with the same feature layer in it results in the "This application requires a layer that supports attachments and has 'supportsQueryAttachments' set to true."  error and has "No attachment found" in the attachment viewer. I've checked the "Only display features with attachments" toggle and it has not solved the issue. 

I cannot share the app outside my organization, but if esri admin can help:

appid=6f3b6fb46e494a10b3015a4ab9690e1d

0 Kudos
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi @GB_-_JonathanJew__GISS_ ,

Can you add my username, RLibed_jsapi, to a group where I can access this app? I can take a closer look to troubleshoot the issue. 

Thanks,
Ryan

0 Kudos
katherine_evans
New Contributor III

I am new to ArcGIS Instant Apps and am having a difficult time getting the Attachment Viewer app to work. I have uploaded an image for certain counties in Georgia, through map viewer, but when I go into attachment viewer to try and set it up there, it states there are not any attachments. I am not even sure if attachment viewer is the right app to use. I am looking for a way to display an image for each county (letting the user click on the county they want to see) once they select the county an image appears for the selected county with info about that county. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. I have been google for several days and can't figure out how to get an attachment to show up in the attachment viewer. Any help you can give me on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
TimLohnes1
Occasional Contributor

Same problem, but with an added issue.

I don't have the Attachments tab in Settings, just goes from Map to Interactivity.

0 Kudos
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi @TimLohnes1

Please review the 'Data requirements' noted in the documentation here:
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/instant-apps/latest/create-apps/attachment-viewer.htm

If your data fulfills the data requirements and/or are still noticing issues, would it be possible to share the app? If you're not able to share it publicly, another option is to share through a group - my ArcGIS Online user name is RLibed_jsapi. 

Thanks,
Ryan

0 Kudos