Public Notification template buffer is working strangely

03-31-2015 10:37 AM
HeidiSuna
New Contributor II

I downloaded the Public Notification template, and have the config.js set up to use our local data. https://github.com/Esri/land-use-public-notification. Everything is working great, except sometimes I'll select a parcel, run the tool, and the resulting buffer is just strange. For example, selecting a simple rectangular polygon (4 vertices) the resulting buffer has a square hole in it, and is not buffered from the perimeter. I have looked through the forums and help and haven't found anything similar to my issue. All map services and tiled basemap map service are in the same spatial reference. I checked out the input data, and the polygons are pretty simple with no overlapping vertices. The geometry service buffer works fine in other apps (in Geocortex, and ArcMap). I am not a programmer, but have a bit of understanding of basic concepts and  javascript api if I have examples to guide me.  Any ideas why this might be happening? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HeidiSuna
New Contributor II

Just to follow up: Our Geometry Service is ArcGIS Server version 10.1. I tested out using the ArcGIS online Geometry Service and the buffering worked with no issues. So, looks like the issue was with our Geometry Service, or our maybe our version of ArcGIS Server isn't compatible (?). We will use the online Geometry Service until we upgrade to 10.3 in a few months. Hope this helps someone else.