Select to view content in your preferred language

Instant Maps asking for AGOL credentials

Jump to solution
11-09-2023 08:42 AM
ShariF
by
New Contributor III

We have two Instant Apps created within the past 2 months that have been working fine but now are asking for credentials even though the data/web map/app are all shared publicly.  Nothing changed on our end. I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue. 

One map was a Basic template and the other is the Interactive Legend template. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

I believe it's this item? 

3f32148f6881439aabfd8dc7519aed8c

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

If they are public can you share them so we can tell you what is prompting the login?

It could be the map, layers, basemap (premium), or app itself not shared publicly.

0 Kudos
ShariF
by
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

I believe it's this item? 

3f32148f6881439aabfd8dc7519aed8c

ShariF
by
New Contributor III

THANK YOU.  Our imagery was somehow changed to organization instead of public and I never checked that b/c it is used in the basemap toggle widget. How did you figure that out by the URL? 

I can't thank you enough. I was looking at every other thing!

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Glad it helped!

If it's an operational layer, typically it might say 'layer X could not be added to the map'.

If it's a basemap or embedded content it'll stop loading the page and redirect. As you've found it can be a bit trickier to identify which layers, apps or content aren't shared.

You can use the browser developer tools to watch the network traffic. I just looked at the requests it made before it redirected to the authentication page. You could do the same thing in an incognito or private browsing session.