Select to view content in your preferred language

Instant app set default zoom Issue

05-26-2023 09:25 AM
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Previously in Map viewer, to set the desired default map location and zoom level, you just set the map as desired and hit save.  I use a bookmark to keep it consistent.

When the map was loaded in an Instant app would load to that centered to that location and zoom level.  This appears to no longer be the case.

How do I set Instant app to load with a desired map location and zoom level?  I understand there may be some variety between screen sizes.  

Map Viewer

RyanBohan_0-1685117918933.png

Sidebar Instant app

RyanBohan_1-1685118000705.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

It could be an aspect ratio I can't tell from the screenshots if the map area is the same width/height in both images. Also did you configure a navigation boundary for Sidebar - that could be overwriting the default extent? 

0 Kudos
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Hi @KellyHutchins,

Thank you for the quick reply.  I only made a minor update to the maps pop-up, did change the map location and zoom level.  The Sidebar app map location and zoom level look very different than just a few days ago.

I checked and Navigation boundary is off

RyanBohan_0-1685124285353.png

Is there a way in Instant Apps to set the initial extent?  Like we could in webapp classic?

RyanBohan_2-1685124895175.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
The default extent logic hasn’t been modified so it should behave the same as always. I’ll dig into it a bit and see if I can reproduce and figure out what is going on.
0 Kudos
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for looking into it further.  I updated the map last week as well, the change did not happen until I updated the map today.  I don't know if it's something on the map viewer side, or with instant apps.  Something is different. 

It took a few attempts to resize the map to get the instant app to default to my desired zoom.  So at least to the end users they should not notice much of a change.

I also added the Set Initial Extent to the Instant App ideas page.

Thank you

0 Kudos
David_Miller
New Contributor

Ryan, I'm just a rookie, but in the app that I'm creating, The extent and centering seem to be different by a factor of 10. In pro, I set my extent and centered my view for startup, but when I run the app, it is zoomed out and slightly offset. when you published the map, did you get a message in the top right saying features will be drawn with an offset? I would look there, and check your sharing log for any "hidden messages". Like I said, I'm just a rookie, so take this with that caveat in mind.

0 Kudos