Select to view content in your preferred language

Instant App Search Results

Jump to solution
12-07-2023 07:00 AM
GaryMorris2
New Contributor III

I have created an Instant App with the locations of the various county departments for the County that I work for; I set the search function to be able to search by the department name.  The issue I am having is when I do search for a department it returns a "Search Result" I want it to just open the pop-up and not the "Search Result."

Is there a setting that I am missing that will make this happen?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GaryMorris2
New Contributor III

I removed all of the search sources and added them in again and now it works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@GaryMorris2 When you have create a search source based on a layer in the map it should open the pop-up when you select a result from that search source. Do you have multiple search sources in the drop-down of the search tool? It's always helpful if you can share the app you are expirencing the issue with also. 

GaryMorris2
New Contributor III

There are multiple search sources, but I also have the search all function turned on.

Rockdale County Departments (arcgis.com)

0 Kudos
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@GaryMorris2 Did you add the layer search by adding the feature layer's URL?  Could you try adding the search source through the map option (see the image below)? The pop-up information was defined in the map, so adding it through this method will open the pop-up. 

BethRomero_0-1702060178663.png

GaryMorris2
New Contributor III

Yes, it was added through the map.  I'm at a loss.

0 Kudos
GaryMorris2
New Contributor III

I removed all of the search sources and added them in again and now it works fine.

0 Kudos