Select to view content in your preferred language

Instant App Search Results

Jump to solution
12-07-2023 07:00 AM
GaryMorris2
Regular Contributor

I have created an Instant App with the locations of the various county departments for the County that I work for; I set the search function to be able to search by the department name.  The issue I am having is when I do search for a department it returns a "Search Result" I want it to just open the pop-up and not the "Search Result."

Is there a setting that I am missing that will make this happen?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GaryMorris2
Regular Contributor

I removed all of the search sources and added them in again and now it works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@GaryMorris2 When you have create a search source based on a layer in the map it should open the pop-up when you select a result from that search source. Do you have multiple search sources in the drop-down of the search tool? It's always helpful if you can share the app you are expirencing the issue with also. 

GaryMorris2
Regular Contributor

There are multiple search sources, but I also have the search all function turned on.

Rockdale County Departments (arcgis.com)

0 Kudos
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@GaryMorris2 Did you add the layer search by adding the feature layer's URL?  Could you try adding the search source through the map option (see the image below)? The pop-up information was defined in the map, so adding it through this method will open the pop-up. 

BethRomero_0-1702060178663.png

GaryMorris2
Regular Contributor

Yes, it was added through the map.  I'm at a loss.

0 Kudos
GaryMorris2
Regular Contributor

I removed all of the search sources and added them in again and now it works fine.

0 Kudos