Select to view content in your preferred language

Insets app slow to load?

11-14-2023 09:06 AM
DerekMStrout
Occasional Contributor

Hi Community,

I can provide more details if necessary, but for now I just wanted to gauge your overall impression of the responsiveness of this template. I am using a fairly simple web map (100 points with minimal attribution and the World Hillshade tile layer) on top of the Human Geography basemap. The main map is centered on the contiguous US states with three custom insets (Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico).

I've stripped out a bunch of layers to get the full load time down from 41 seconds to about 20 on my desktop, but that is with gig-speed internet. I have played around with other versions and run some browser tools to try and pinpoint a bottleneck, but haven't found anything obvious.

Just curious if anyone else has dealt with this.

Thanks,
Derek

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Matt_Payne
New Contributor II

Hey Derek. Are you able to provide a URL to your Insets app and possibly a URL to the web map it uses? I can take a look and do some testing on my end if so. In general the Insets app should not be slow to load, and given your mention of just 100 features it sounds like something else could be at play. Thanks!

-Matt

0 Kudos
DerekMStrout
Occasional Contributor

Hi Matt. Unfortunately, this project is still in development so I can't share anything yet, but I made a few tweaks and am getting quicker load times. I was also testing this in my Firefox browser along with a couple dozen other tabs, and noticed that a dedicated Chrome window was much quicker.

If we experience any issues after this content is shareable, I'd be glad to take you up on the offer.

Thanks!
Derek

0 Kudos
Matt_Payne
New Contributor II

That sounds good, happy to hear there are improvements. And yep, just let me know if the issues persist once its shareable.

0 Kudos