How to disable popup in Media Map?

Jump to solution
01-29-2024 06:39 PM
Labels (1)
JeffKapellas
New Contributor III

I have created a Media Map with a custom URL parameter as described here:
Configure a web app using URL parameters | Documentation | ArcGIS Developers

The URL parameter works, but when the feature is selected, the popup with the feature attributes appears in its full expanded state. Is there a way to disable the popup or at least have it open only in its collapsed state (preferably via a URL parameter, but any means would do)?  I've tried removing the popups from the Media Map's webmap, but that didn't make any difference -- the pop-ups still appear.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffKapellas
New Contributor III

@KellyHutchins Perfect! That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

@JeffKapellas  there is an undocumented URL parameter you can use to not show the popup when using a url param.  If you append urlParamAsFilter=true to the url then it will filter the map to show all the features that match the input value. So in this example it will only show France and will not display the popup. 

https://arcgis-devlabs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/media/index.html?appid=a19e8b077e2d45168847f8226...

We do have plans to make this a configuration option but haven't yet done so.  If you don't want to append it as a URL param you could use a tool like AGO Assistant to edit the app's data and add that value set to true. To do this you log into the tool then select the item application from the list and chose the {} option in the table to edit the items data. Once in edit mode click the Data tab and find the "values" section and add this option. Attached is an example of how that would look. It's a good idea to practice these steps on a copy of your app before editing the real version.

0 Kudos
blueearthproject
New Contributor

Can I use this to disable popups for the ESRI Open Street Map baselayer when used in Scene Viewer? Since ESRI owns it, it seems to come pre-packaged as being turned on. Since it's a tile layer, there doesn't seem to be any options to turn it off like I could if it was a hosted feature layer.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you using the web scene in an Instant app like 3D Viewer? If so is the url live I'd be happy to take a look. 

0 Kudos
JeffKapellas
New Contributor III

@KellyHutchins Perfect! That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos