Does Survey123 allow new features?

06-09-2019 07:40 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does Survey123 allow the app user / surveyor to create new features? Ie, i want to create an app that allows the user to inspect existing assets as well as record the location and attributes of new, unknown assets. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sarah,

Yes, you can create new features with Survey123 for ArcGIS. In fact, typically when you fill in and submit a completed form, it creates a new point feature. You can also edit existing form data with the Inbox capability in Survey123.

FYI, checkout these Esri Training webinar videos (free to view with maintenance):

And there are many more Survey123 tutorial videos on You Tube,

Survey123 for ArcGIS - YouTube 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I thought I had a survey configured to be able to add new features. I can edit the existing records just fine. When I use Collect to add a new survey and point location and then upload using Send Now, the point I've just added never appears in the hosted feature service map. It doesn't even appear on the Survey123 inbox map. All the existing points are there, just not the new one. I've tried sending and re-sending.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pam,

> I can edit the existing records just fine. When I use Collect to add a new survey and point location and then upload using Send Now, the point I've just added never appears in the hosted feature service map. It doesn't even appear on the Survey123 inbox map. All the existing points are there, just not the new one. I've tried sending and re-sending.

You may want to check the edit settings of the feature layer for the survey. I suspect that the option to "create new features in the layer" may be disabled.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos