Chart viewer instant app - sharing map and chart from PRO

Jump to solution
10-04-2021 01:51 PM
LisaTutty1
New Contributor II

I would like to use a web map that I have shared from PRO as the map for the new Chart Viewer instant app.  However, my line chart from PRO isn't recognized.  Any advice about what I might be doing wrong?  Thank you, Lisa.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi Lisa, 

I've looked into this further and it appears that the current publicly available version of Pro does not carry over line charts into ArcGIS Online and is currently a known limitation. However, other chart types such as Bar, Histrogram, etc. should work. ArcGIS Pro 2.9 will support carrying over line charts when it is publicly released. 

Unfortunately, as of now, this is a known limitation. I will post any updates here once I hear that 2.9 is publicly available. 

Thanks,
Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi Lisa, 

Is the chart loading as expected in the map viewer? Would you happen to have a sample map that you'd be able to share?

Thanks,
Ryan

0 Kudos
LisaTutty1
New Contributor II
Hi Ryan, maybe that is the problem. When I share from PRO as a web map the
chart doesn't seem to come along. Here is my web map HTTPS://arch.is/14ST1u
I am not certain how to get the chart to ride along so it too can be shown
in this new app. Thank you so much for helping me troubleshoot this, Lisa.

0 Kudos
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Yes, that could potentially be the issue. Hmmm.. it appears that the web map link that you shared isn't taking me to the web map. Do you have a link to the web map's item details page? Or perhaps a web map ID?

0 Kudos
LisaTutty1
New Contributor II
Sorry Ryan I must have typed it incorrectly, here it is
https://arcg.is/14ST1u and id=81de1fe33900462f89c397edee45bc68
0 Kudos
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi Lisa, 

I've looked into this further and it appears that the current publicly available version of Pro does not carry over line charts into ArcGIS Online and is currently a known limitation. However, other chart types such as Bar, Histrogram, etc. should work. ArcGIS Pro 2.9 will support carrying over line charts when it is publicly released. 

Unfortunately, as of now, this is a known limitation. I will post any updates here once I hear that 2.9 is publicly available. 

Thanks,
Ryan

0 Kudos