Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't select a layer source in search configuration

05-23-2024 10:13 AM
KimberleyGIS
New Contributor

I am trying to configure an instant app, but I am unable to configure the search options.

When I choose 'Map' as the 'Set up source', it does not give me any options to select a layer source.

KimberleyGIS_0-1716484273274.png

I want to use my property info layer for searching as I currently do in my WAB and ExB apps, but I am currently unable to, and this is a huge part of the functionality of our apps.

I am able to use the URL option, but this only allows me to use the address layer as the search source (the address and property info layer are both within the same service, and it automatically chooses the address layer once the URL is entered). I want to use the property info layer specifically as it gives the end user a better experience. So as far as I'm concerned, this is not an acceptable work around.

Is this just an unresolved bug? I previously ran into a similar bug (BUG-000156628) that was supposedly resolved, yet the search configuration continues to have issues.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Is the property layer added to your map as a feature layer? Is your web map public? If so can you share the id and we can take a look?

0 Kudos
KimberleyGIS
New Contributor

The property layer is a map image service. Does that not work for instant apps? Is there a way with the URL to choose a different layer in the service?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
It has to be a feature layer. You could try adding the layer again to the map as a feature layer and then hiding it? We can look into adding support for Map Image Layers in a future release.
KimberleyGIS
New Contributor

Update: I was able to use the URL option and get my desired layer as the source by going to the URL for specific layer in the service (as opposed to just using the URL for the service as a whole)

Unfortunately, I guess maybe the instant app search doesn't function the way WAB or ExB's does? I was hoping the end result would be the selection of the searched property , but instead it just selects a point over top of the property, and does not trigger the popup of that property as I had hoped.

It would be nice if the search widget in instant apps could have the same level of functionality as WAB and ExB.

0 Kudos