Can I use Web AppBuilder in AGOL?

06-13-2017 01:29 PM
JackieFisher
New Contributor III

Have created a map & subsequent Dashboard for that map.  Would now like to get some data out it for a manager.  How can I create a current summary report (or two) for him without having to be around the office to run it out of ArcMap in the office?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Maybe a little disappointing answer to your question. FAQ: Can reports be generated and printed ArcGIS Online? 

Think Location
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jackie,

Based on the title of your thread, you're using Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Online - is that correct?

FYI, with the next ArcGIS Online update (targeted for the end of this month), Web AppBuilder will have a new Screening widget - which does have some reporting functionality. Learn more about the widget in this blog post. Or if you need the functionality now, you could use Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition with your ArcGIS Online organization.

Hope this helps,

JackieFisher
New Contributor III

I'm not currently using Web AppBuilder for this purpose.  It was recommended by another ESRI Solution Engineer but the path wasn't either apparent or straight-forward.  Would prefer to work with the Report writer in ArcMap but having issues with that.  Have asked that question in a new thread.  I'm just looking for the best answer to get some current (and on-going) information out of the new map for management.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for the clarification. The thread title seemed to imply you were using Web AppBuilder. I would suggest that you change/edit the title of this thread from "Can I use Web AppBuilder in AGOL?" to something else that describes what you're looking for more concisely.

Good luck,