Attachment viewer - no attachments found

03-14-2021 12:46 PM
Labels (1)
SamanthaEarnest1
New Contributor III

I have created a feature layer using geotagged photos (jpegs in a zip file). I used the feature layer to create a web map. I am attempting to create a web app using attachment viewer, but while the map is visible it says "no attachments found". The attachments are visible as pop ups in the web map.  This may or may not be related, but I am also unable to zoom to the extents of the feature layer within the web map. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SarahMcDonald_
New Contributor III

Hi Samantha,

In the feature layer you are using, are the geotagged photos stored as attachments on the layer, or are you referencing the photos in the pop-up? The Attachment Viewer app requires photos to be stored as attachments in order to display them in the app. 

I have provided some information on attachments: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/manage-hosted-feature-layers.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_3... 

Hopefully that helps! 

Thanks

Sarah

0 Kudos
JenMcRuer
Occasional Contributor

Hello.

I am having a similar issue. I am using survey 123 connect to collect surveys including attachments (file types as outlined in attachment viewer instant app); and then using the attachment viewer using the feature layer map associated with the survey to then... embed this in a storymap.

In both the viewer and the storymap embed I am able to see jpg attachments, but not videos (MP4) (NB: all files are less than 10MB).

When attachment view is set to only show submissions with attachments, video submissions are included (but with "no attachments available" screen, indicating they are recognized at some level. 

Also, pdfs only show in expanded embed view on storymap (browser). When in the survey connect app view, a screen prompts to 'open' pdf, but is not active to interact.

Editing is enabled in feature layer.

I've read through forums earlier in 2021 suggesting issues as well. Have these been resolved? 

Desperately seeking a prompt work around, or help where I may be missing something in setup!

Your help is appreciated. 

Thank you.

Jen

0 Kudos
SarahMcDonald_
New Contributor III

Hi Jen,

Thanks for reaching out. I wanted to make sure that I understand clearly the behavior that you are seeing with Attachment Viewer:

- In Attachment Viewer and while attachment viewer is embedded in StoryMaps all attachments are displaying correctly when the only display features with attachments setting is enabled

- When the Attachment Viewer app is embedded in StoryMaps videos are not playing and PDFs are unable to be opened?

Can you confirm that is correct? Also, would it be possible to share the Attachment Viewer app and StoryMap that you are seeing these behaviors with?

Thanks so much! 

Sarah

0 Kudos
JenMcRuer
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sarah, 

In attachment viewer AND embedded storymap content, only jpegs are showing. 

Otherwise, videos are not displaying (but they are recognized as attachments: In attachment viewer, I have selected 'only show records with attachments' and video submissions are included in the list but with a - "no attachments available" window.)

- When the Attachment Viewer app is embedded in StoryMaps videos are not playing and PDFs are unable to be opened?

Videos are not displaying and say "no attachments available" . 
PDFs say "no attachments available" unless you open in the expanded, pop out view in new window, and then they display (on computer). On mobile device, when you click on the embedded card view and navigate to the pdf submission, an 'open' prompt is available, but this is not clickable, so no visibility afforded.

Can you confirm that is correct? Also, would it be possible to share the Attachment Viewer app and StoryMap that you are seeing these behaviors with?

0 Kudos