Select to view content in your preferred language

Zone Lookup Instant App - Search Layers Maintain Order Same as in Map

01-24-2022 09:21 AM
Labels (1)
MichaelWells
New Contributor II

Recently used the Zone Lookup instant app for a task and found that after an address is applied in the app the layers that are displayed in the results have no specific order.  Having the feature layers displayed and drawn in a specific order each time would make the results easily comparable to previous searches and appear more professional. 

7 Comments
BethRomero

Thank you for your feedback.  This is a bug that will be addressed in the update next of ArcGIS Online. 

by Anonymous User

Simular question

Yes, I wish I could apply a standardized order to the search results. More professional and better for the public.

I'd rather control the order results appear in the app configuration. Like in dashboards.

My coworker and I found that the order the layer are listed in the app (to include on the results panel) is based on the order a user adds the layer to the webmap. I'm not thinking that far ahead when I'm adding layers to my webmap.

example of random reordering 1 resultsexample of random reordering 1 resultsexample of random reordering results 2example of random reordering results 2How I wish it workedHow I wish it worked 

BethRomero

The order of layers now matches the order they are placed in the Map Viewer.  This change was included as part of the most recent update to ArcGIS Online (March 2022). 

LeviCecil

Is there a way to configure Zone Lookup to display a 1:M relationship? I'm trying to display bus stops inside a school boundary and filter only those stops that go to that school.

BethRomero

@LeviCecil You can use the search option, Features within zone.  This option allows features to be returned that are within a polygon or zone.  This option is available in express and full setup mode of the app.

BethRomero_0-1671141103465.png

Filters are available in the app as well, these are under the Zone Lookup section in the full setup portion of config. 

LeviCecil

I saw this. But is there a way to only show bus stops that correspond with a Site ID number? Whether that’s a site point or attendance boundary. I can easily show all the stops within a boundary, but some of those are going to other sites outside that boundary. Is this something I could accomplish with the Near Me tool in WAB?

RieRose

It is still an issue with the result order and it will still take the last layer that was put in the web map as the first result in the zone look up, so is there a time frame to fix this?