Make the Zone Lookup function with a map service

09-26-2022 02:12 PM
Labels (1)
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

The documentation says that the zone Lookup app requires a feature layer to take full advantages of its capabilities, which I found out that means it will not do a zone lookup if it is not referencing feature layers.

I would like to utilize this app using a published map service not a feature service.  I was utilizing the Lookup App on our 10.8.1 server with a published map service without issue.  That app did a similar option.  So I think this is a step backwards if the old app allows it but not the newer app.  It would be ideal if the function of the zone lookup worked with both feature layers and map services.

2 Comments
KellyHutchins

@LindseyStone this may be a documentation issue. The data/maps that worked in the older zone lookup should still function in the new version. Do you have a web map that isn't working in the new version but did work in the old. 

LindseyStone

@KellyHutchins I worked with tech support on this.  When I was in Enterprise 10.8.1 it would give results via a loaded web map server service (not a feature layer) on that version of the Lookup App.  On 10.9.1 they completely overhauled the App, so I couldn't even edit my existing application and had to set up a brand new one.  The old application still functions sort of.  So via the 10.9.1 version of the Lookup App I had to have the lookup part run against a feature layer in order to obtain results.  If I utilized the same web map that my 10.8.1 application was using I would get no results because it was running against a web map server service. Which is does on the documentation that was found https://doc.arcgis.com/en/instant-apps/11.0/create-apps/zone-lookup.htm that is requires a requires a feature layer to take full advantage of its capabilities.  Which should really say its intended capabilities.  Full advantage to me says somethings will work but not all.  But the fact it doesn't return any results which is the entire purpose of the app, that is more on all of its capabilities.  The tech support did say they tested in in Enterprise 11 and that did not experience issues in that version,  but I did not see an example to know if that is 100% accurate as the documentation still says the feature layer is required in that version.