Select to view content in your preferred language

Add data Count to Slider App

10-11-2022 07:53 AM
BrittanyBurson
Regular Contributor

Hi, I have a request to represent data using a Time Slider interface, in this case showing streetlight repairs across council districts in the most recent 90 days. The secondary requirement is to show the Count of the data as the slider moves across the data, which I've been unable to do using WAB or the new Slider instant app. Added plus would be showing multiple count options, such as Total Count, Subset Count (current display), and above all... Counts grouped by a field (such as Council District). I am going to attempt it in Experience Builder, but thought I'd suggest the Idea for the time slider focused app. 

BrittanyBurson_0-1665499433524.png

2 Comments
BethRomero

Thanks for the suggestion, Brittany. You might want to check out the Interactive Legend Instant App. There is an option to enable a time slider in the app (Full setup, under interactivity- modify - time filter).  If you enable the slider and enable the feature count in the legend (Interactive Legend - feature count), you will see the total features shown for each increment of the slider. Depending on how your data is styled, you might be able to use the legend to show the total active features and features per council district.  We will look at options to possibly incorporate a count into Slider. 

BrittanyBurson

@BethRomero this is a great suggestion having briefly just tested it out. Thank you, I really appreciate the thoughtful reply!

Edit: only feedback is I wish there was a toggle to filter feature count by map extent or not. Seems like the default is to do this and no way to disable.