"Something went wrong" - what's the answer?

Jump to solution
06-07-2018 02:41 PM
WinstonMcKenna
New Contributor III

Navigator staff,

When adding a CSV to an Insights workbook and enabling it's location, I will continuously get the "Something went wrong" display within a card when creating a chart. What's frustrating is the locations will map but will not display a chart no matter what combination of attributes I choose to display. Also, there is no explanation as to why/what/when a data table will fail or indicate why "something went wrong"? I think many other Insights users have the same/similar issue. It would helpful for an error code or results more detailed than "Unable to process request. Unknown operation/Not implemented  " taken from Server Manager to try to diagnose the problem with a dataset or the application. 

My Insights is running on 10.5.1 and V.2.3

WM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LeanndraArechederra-Romero1
New Contributor II

Resolution:

The same version of Insights must be installed on all portal and server machines in the environment > https://doc.arcgis.com/en/insights/enterprise/latest/administer/install-insights.htm

~Leanndra

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
New Contributor II

Hi Winston,

You can also launch the Chrome Developer tools to find information regarding a specific error code when getting the "Something Went Wrong" error.

Does the issue only occur with one specific CSV?

0 Kudos
WinstonMcKenna
New Contributor III

The JS script does not tell me much.

0 Kudos
WillHughes2
New Contributor III

As Leanndra suggested, open DevTools, select Network tab, perform the action in Insights, then take a look at the requests and responses (specifically the responses for errors). FYI - the Insights error codes are 111000-111999. If you post your csv file I can take a look at it. You can post an enhancement request to ArcGIS Ideas regarding the general error message "Something went wrong". 

- Will

New Contributor II

Resolution:

The same version of Insights must be installed on all portal and server machines in the environment > https://doc.arcgis.com/en/insights/enterprise/latest/administer/install-insights.htm

~Leanndra

0 Kudos