Map from Enabled Location Disappearing from Data Pane

Jump to solution
04-11-2019 08:07 AM
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

I'm playing around with a trial of Insights (AGO based), and I'm following the recommended lessons. I've enabled location on the dataset as directed. When I add a map using the generated location field, the map is displaying a Count (see Card 2 in screenshot). When I change the field to style by the location field, the map disappears from my data pane (see Card 1).

It's a small thing, but I'm trying to understand the behavior - is this a bug or is this the way it's supposed to behave?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LindaBeale
Esri Contributor

Many visuals actually require changes in the data format, for example, it may be pivoted or aggregated.  In those cases, we always give you a new version of that dataset (it appears in the data pane).  

In your example you are changing it back to location - you already have that version of the data, it's the data in the original form so you don't need a version of that in the data pane, so it gets removed.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LindaBeale
Esri Contributor

Many visuals actually require changes in the data format, for example, it may be pivoted or aggregated.  In those cases, we always give you a new version of that dataset (it appears in the data pane).  

In your example you are changing it back to location - you already have that version of the data, it's the data in the original form so you don't need a version of that in the data pane, so it gets removed.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos