Is there a way to edit the data labels in the cards?

Jump to solution
08-28-2019 06:23 PM
EmiliePratt
New Contributor

I know I can edit the labels on a chart, but is there a way I can edit the labels that show, which are part of my data, without going through my .csv and editing all the data?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LindaBeale
Esri Contributor

All of the visuals are reflecting the data.  That means they labels will be pulling directly from the data table and there is no way to change them directly.  You can however, do calculations in Insights so you could do a simple string calculation to reformat the labels so they make more sense. 

Another effective approach I use a lot is using a look up table (LUT).  So I create a new table e.g. in excel with the one field with original field name, e.g. (OLD NAME) "population_2500" and a second field (POPULATION) with my new name "pop < 2500" and do a join (with create relationships) on the original data to the new table on OLD NAME.  In the chart, I use the POPULATION field to create the chart.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LindaBeale
Esri Contributor

All of the visuals are reflecting the data.  That means they labels will be pulling directly from the data table and there is no way to change them directly.  You can however, do calculations in Insights so you could do a simple string calculation to reformat the labels so they make more sense. 

Another effective approach I use a lot is using a look up table (LUT).  So I create a new table e.g. in excel with the one field with original field name, e.g. (OLD NAME) "population_2500" and a second field (POPULATION) with my new name "pop < 2500" and do a join (with create relationships) on the original data to the new table on OLD NAME.  In the chart, I use the POPULATION field to create the chart.

0 Kudos