Export from Insights

Jump to solution
07-16-2019 12:59 PM
BrandonA_CDPH
Occasional Contributor II

I am looking for a way to export the analysis I have done in Insights into another format.  Something like a PDF, image, etc. Specifically, I have created a really beautiful, informative chart and another great map.  Now, I would like to include those as figures in a report I am writing. 

I have searched the documentation for Insights and found how to export the data into a table, but I would like the actual results of the analysis. I also found the "Print Page" function, but the best I could do with that is create a PDF of one printed page of the analysis page, then is really hard to size and pull out in good quality.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArthurHaddad
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your question.  This is a highly requested feature and is our backlog.  We will be prioritizing this for a near future release.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ArthurHaddad
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your question.  This is a highly requested feature and is our backlog.  We will be prioritizing this for a near future release.

RiainGarcia
New Contributor III

Do we have any further updates on this?

0 Kudos
ErnestoCarreras2
New Contributor III

Any updates on this feature enhancement?

Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

Hi @ErnestoCarreras2

This feature is still being worked on by the team. We understand how useful this would be – even for us when working on blogs, tutorials, and documentation writing! 🙂

Currently, you can export a PNG of many cards. 

For those that you can't yet export due to a variety of reasons (that we are actively working on resolving)... 

One workaround is to use your device's screen-capture capability. This will allow you to select card graphics and export them as PNGs for your slide decks. (We know it's not ideal, but until we can further implement the system... it's an alternative.)

Windows 10: Press Windows + Shift + S keys at the same time. Mouse turns into a cross-hairs that you can click and drag to select particular areas of your screen.

Mac OS: Press Command + Shift + 4 keys at the same time. Mouse turns into a cross-hairs that you can click and drag to select particular areas of your screen.

As for PDF Reports... We are working on implementing this as well. 

I'm sorry I don't have a perfect solution for you – yet. Please do keep checking back and we will definitely make a big announcement when such features are added in the future. 

Thanks for following up on this and thank you for using ArcGIS Insights! 

Ian 

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics
0 Kudos
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

Printing high-quality reports has been added to Insights with the release of 2023.1 and is available in online/enterprise/desktop. We'd love to continue to get your feedback in this area as we make subsequent improvements to the report designer feature.

Scott