Display in Chart Without Subtype

Jump to solution
03-16-2021 08:20 PM
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

In my example, I am trying to display a field in a bar chart and I want to see the values for that field alone. When I add a field called [Issue], the subtype field called [SubTypeCD] also gets brought into the chart, as per the image below:

insight_issue_chart.png

I should only have the types of issues I have show up.

This also becomes a problem if I want to setup a Predefined Filter, when I select one of the fields it separates the values. In the example below, the [Status] field has only 2 possible values, "Open" or "Rectified". The subtype also gets brought in and then separates the values out for each subtype. Even when I try to add all these options, the "Apply" button is greyed out until I have one of the options deselected.

insight_issue_filter.png

Lastly, when showing the legend of a chart, due to the issue above, repeated values show up for each subtype that looks a little silly for the end user as per below. 

insight_issue_legend.png

Anybody have any solutions to this? Hopefully I am missing something really easy.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

I have been able figure out the filtering. All I had to do is add all the "Open" values as one filter and all the "Rectified" as another.

insights_filter_add.png

At the end it looks like below:

insights_filter.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

I have been able figure out the filtering. All I had to do is add all the "Open" values as one filter and all the "Rectified" as another.

insights_filter_add.png

At the end it looks like below:

insights_filter.png