Add Support for TeraData 13 database connections in Insights for ArcGIS

01-07-2017 10:24 AM
JohnDye
Occasional Contributor III

Esri Insights is an awesome data exploration and visualization tool. A real Tableau killer, imho. There's one thing it lacks that prevents me from being able to adopt it in our organization. No support for connections to TeraData 13.

I get that TeraData 14 is the first version where spatial indexes are supported and obviously being able to visualize data on a map makes Insights really shine. However, even Dr. Beal stated in her "10 Questions for Esri" video that insights is intended to visualize both spatial and non-spatial data. If that's the case, then supporting connections to TeraData 13 shouldn't really be an issue other than you won't get the mapping capabilities out of data coming across that connection.

I think that's a fair compromise. Please add support for TeraData 13 connections.

2 Comments
DouglasCochran

Support for TeraData 13 is noted for Insights.  Question: Is it a significant effort to migrate your TeraData 13 database to TeraData 14?

JohnDye

A significant effort would be an understatement. TD13 houses our entire data warehouse. We currently have no plans to go to 14, for some reason that no one will tell me.