ArcGIS Insights now supports Snowflake!

03-14-2022 11:43 AM
Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor
0 0 414

In case you missed it, Kasia Tuszynska has published an excellent blog post on ArcGIS Insights integration with Snowflake

Below is a snippet to whet your appetite! 🙂 

ArcGIS Insights has teamed up with Snowflake

Snowflake is a leading cloud computing – based data warehouse that can store geospatial data. It supports deployments on Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud and offers a data warehouse product designed to run exclusively in the cloud, providing flexible options in the size, deployment, and performance of its warehouses. Snowflake provides a structured view into all of the data an organization generates and makes it available for further analysis downstream.

ArcGIS Insights, a visual analytical environment with first-rate spatial analytic capabilities, has an embedded connector to Snowflake that allows users to work directly with data stored in a warehouse, without copying out the data, meaning that it works at the speed of the warehouse to which it is connected.

Analysts, data scientists, and data professionals can use ArcGIS Insights as a visual analytics environment for numeric, textual, and temporal data with the added advantage of working with spatial data with all the relevant functionality necessary to process, analyze, and display spatial data precisely and accurately.

Continue reading here...

About the Author
Hi, I'm Ian. I'm a fervent believer in the power of geospatial analytics to make the world a better place. I have an academic and research background in web map design, persuasive cartography, GIS education, and human geography. For fun, I like to write, tinker with my Raspberry Pi, and read books about quantum physics. I also love playing board games with my kids. Thanks for checking out my bio. Please let me know if I can answer any questions.