What is the best way to store Detail data?

2 weeks ago
TomasL44
New Contributor III

We have hundreds of buildings and are experiencing performance issues when loading Details data. We are currently storing each line geometry as a single feature. This results in over 400,000 records in our Details table. Is this a reasonable amount of Detail records? Can we store them as multi-part geometries so we can aggregate these features and have only a single record for Facility and Level?  What are the best practices for this scenario for such a large site?

Thank you,

Tags (2)
2 Replies
Milton
by
New Contributor III

This detail data is horrible for rendering and such. I don't think there is a better way to store it and disk space is relatively cheap. I have been considering making vector tiles to improve rendering speeds, especially on web and mobile, but have not gotten around to testing it. I am curious to see what others have to say.

0 Kudos
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

Hi @TomasL44.

If you don't see any frequent geometry updates and changes, then yes, you could make same-category-per-floor detail features into a single-multipart feature.

Other load-reducing methods would be;

1. Set visibility scale (ex. features not to be displayed beyond 1:700)

2. layers as image service

3. Vector Tile (does not support floor-aware at a current release. Ideal for single-floor data only)

0 Kudos