Select to view content in your preferred language

Indoors Processing Time Advice

03-27-2023 09:56 AM
AronRoberts_APS
Emerging Contributor

Hi there. We have 2 computer towers that are almost identical in terms of their specs, however they have vastly different processing times. When running the Indoors tool 'Import Floorplans to Indoors' one takes about 17 hours, whereas the other took about 3 hours. We can't seem to figure out what is going on with the slower computer, all we do know is that the internet speeds are different. On the faster one, download speed is 560 mbps, upload is 750 mbps, but the slower one the speeds are 47 mbps for download, and 288 mbps for upload. We have tried running from both the C: drive, and our network drive, and there is no significant time difference, which leads me to think the internet speed is not causing the difference. Does anybody know if the internet speeds could actually be the reason for this processing time difference? Perhaps even when on the C: drive, the Indoors processing does use a significant amount of internet bouncing off of servers, maybe? Or does anybody have any advice as to what might be causing it? 

Thank you in advance! 

Tags (1)
4 Replies
MichaelJenkins
Frequent Contributor
Do they have identical GPUs? I would think that GPUs would make the biggest difference in processing speed, rather than CPUs or RAM. I doubt internet speed has anything to do with it.
GISP
0 Kudos
AronRoberts_APS
Emerging Contributor

Hi Michael,

The GPUs and CPUs are both identical.

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

@AronRoberts_APS you have mentioned C: drive but just you to clarify. Both input and output (target gdb) for the tool are pointing to a location on the local hard drive on both machines?

0 Kudos
AronRoberts_APS
Emerging Contributor

Hi Gaurav,

I can confirm the inputs and outputs are pointing to the C: drive. The default geodatabase is still set to the network drive though - could this make a difference?

0 Kudos