Select to view content in your preferred language

Hello Esri community!

a month ago
emreaktas1
Regular Contributor

I am new to working with indoor.

I think that with Import cad to indoor dataset, it imports my cad data to indoor layers without giving any errors.

But I cannot activate the ground filter.
I found that there is no data in some indoor layers.
Can you help me? I am not sure where I made the mistake.

emreaktas1_0-1723538969005.png

emreaktas1_1-1723538997828.png

emreaktas1_2-1723539165998.png

cad file is attached.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MichaelJenkins
Frequent Contributor

I think you will need go to the properties of each layer and set the "Floors" property there as well.

GISP
0 Kudos
emreaktas1
Regular Contributor

I am not sure how to fill the floor layer here, but I added the ID class to the Floor Field layer as in the sample image, but I still did not get any results.

emreaktas1_0-1723618329067.png

0 Kudos
MichaelJenkins
Frequent Contributor

It would be the Level_ID field.  That is waht floor chooser widget will use to filter out the features to the level you select.

GISP
0 Kudos
emreaktas1
Regular Contributor

The level ID field is here. I don't know where else it should appear. I would be very happy if you could help.

0 Kudos
emreaktas1
Regular Contributor

emreaktas1_0-1723701954700.png

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

@emreaktas1 thanks for posting the screenshots. May I know what is the data source of the indoor layers in your map? Are they from a file geodatabase? Can you confirm whether you created the Indoors model using the Create Indoors Database or Create Indoors Dataset tools available in the Indoors toolbox?

emreaktas1
Regular Contributor

hi @GauravJobanputra 

Created with Create Indoors Database

0 Kudos
emreaktas1
Regular Contributor

emreaktas1_0-1723631244916.png

0 Kudos
JasonHineEsri
Regular Contributor

The Details feature class should have a Level ID (LEVEL_ID) field. In the Layer Properties for Details , set the Floors property to the Level ID field. This will make the Details layer floor-aware once the map is floor aware... but from the last screenshot you shared, it looks like the map (ImportedFloorplans) isn't floor aware yet.

Please try:

1. In the Contents pane, right-click the map (ImportedFloorplans) > Properties > Indoor Layers.
  2. Click the Facilities dropdown and choose Facilities.
  3. Click the Levels dropdown and choose Levels.
  4. Click OK to close the Map Properties.

The map should now be floor aware, and the floor filter should appear in the top-right corner of the map.

For a demonstration of how to make a map and layers floor-aware, please see this video starting at the 2:30 mark.

0 Kudos