Select to view content in your preferred language

Hand Draw Indoors Routing Pathways?

yesterday
GAVINMAURER
New Contributor II

Hello All!

My Indoors model had missing levels when imported so I created duplicates of other levels with the same footprint and drew in the units by hand. I didn't however add the details such as walls, windows and doors. This being so, the Generate Indoor Pathways tools has some errors because multiple floors on our campus don't have walls to generate pathways around and therefore an error is thrown. Ultimately, all I need are a few pathways to a couple different rooms within buildings and not every room. 

Can I just hand draw in the lines that I need without running the Generate Indoor Pathways tool and will it still work?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewBowne
Regular Contributor

Yes, just make sure they are drawn at the right elevation and are connected to other pathways.  You'll also need to rebuild your network.

0 Kudos
AnninaHirschiWyss
Occasional Contributor II

Just a suggestion:

Create copy of the Pathways FC where you only keep your manually created features, if you use the generate pathways/thin pathways tools for your other floors. Otherwise they will be overwritten when you update your floor plans.

This way you can append them manually afterwards to the final Pathways FC.

Check also that you have the LEVEL_ID and all the other relevant and mandatory attributes and that they connect also to the floor transitions (stairs/elevators...).

Hint: Verify the z-values within a 3D view once done 🙂

0 Kudos