Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 180039 when running Create Indoors Database tool against a blank database, ArcGIS Pro v.3.2.0

11-23-2023 03:43 AM
MappyIan
Occasional Contributor II

I'm running the latest version of Pro (v.3.2.0) and I'm trying to run the Create Indoors Database geoprocessing tool against an empty geodatabase.  I'm running the tool with the default values and have Create Attribute Rules selected as I'd like to use these once the data is loaded:

MappyIan_0-1700738978459.png

However, when the tool runs I get the following error:

MappyIan_1-1700739202242.png

This links to the following page https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/tool-errors-and-warnings/180001-190000/tool-... which lists the solution to run the tool with Create Attribute Rules unchecked.  But I want to use the Attribute Rules in the future so really need to add them to the geodatabase.

The error is specifically complaining about a table being missing or unsupported: 

GDB_ValidationPointErrors does not exist or is not supported

Do I just need to create this table before running the Generate Indoors Database tool?  I don't understand why this is failing on a new blank project with a new empty geodatabase.  I have no spaces or special characters in my geodatabase name or the file path, I'm at a loss to know what else to try.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The Note section in Create Indoors Database (Indoors)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation might account for the error

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MappyIan

Thanks @DanPatterson, but I don't see anything on that page that implies the tool is in any way retired or heading towards retirement.  It's always worked in the past (before upgrading to v.3.2.0) so I think it's something to do with the upgrade that has broken it.

0 Kudos
SophieFrank
Esri Contributor

Hi @MappyIan, I tried reproducing your issue on Pro 3.2 and was unable to with all the parameters you identified. Are there any additional configurations on your geodatabase? it looks like it is a file geodatabase, correct? If you try with a new gdb in a new project do you still encounter this error? Do you get the same error if you run the Create Indoor Dataset tool (I understand that you likely need the schema items created by the Create Indoors Database tool, just trying to narrow down your issue)?

Some additional information about the layers and error you're getting, plus a workaround --

When a validation attribute rule is created in a geodatabase, four error layers are automatically created to store validation errors. This happens whether the attribute rules are created by Indoors tools or not.

After we add the attribute rules (and those error layers are created), we add a LEVEL_ID field to them so that they can be made floor aware and you can easily inspect errors in a floor-aware map.

The error you're getting implies that there is an issue with those layers getting created. As I mentioned above, I haven't been able to reproduce this so unfortunately I don't have a more solid answer for you yet.

The workaround: If you need to get up and running before getting to the bottom of the issue you're running into, you can create the Indoors schema without attribute rules and then add them in by doing the following:

1. Run the Create Indoors Database tool with the Attribute Rules option unchecked.

2. Add the Indoors attribute rules you want using this workflow.

3. Manually add a LEVEL_ID field to the error layers.

0 Kudos
MappyIan

Hi @SophieFrank, thanks for the thorough response.  The tool works fine for my colleague who is also using Pro 3.2, but I'm not aware of any differences in our installations/setups that could account for the error when I try to run it.  Answers to your questions in bold below:

• Are there any additional configurations on your geodatabase? No, it's a completely blank geodatabase in a brand new project.
  • it looks like it is a file geodatabase, correct? Yes, it's a file geodatabase.
  • If you try with a new gdb in a new project do you still encounter this error? Yes, it fails every time if I have 'create attribute rules' selected.
  • Do you get the same error if you run the Create Indoor Dataset tool? Good idea, I didn't think of this.  Interestingly the Create Indoor Dataset tool runs fine, even with 'create attribute rules' selected.

You're right in that when running the Create Indoor Database tool with 'create attribute rules' selected the four error layers are not being created.  The database is stored locally, and I have full admin rights over my PC so I can't understand why it's not able to create the four error layers.

Given it works fine for a colleague, maybe I should reinstall Pro?

0 Kudos
SophieFrank
Esri Contributor

@MappyIan, can you verify that the following file location exists on your machine and contains a collection of CSV files? It's a long shot given you don't think anything was configured uniquely on your machine but if that folder was renamed after Pro installation it could result in the error you are seeing.

<Pro Installation location>\Resources\AttributeRules\Indoors\en-US

0 Kudos
MappyIan

Hey @SophieFrank, I just checked and yeah, that folder exists and has a bunch of CSV files in it:

MappyIan_0-1701249758602.png

☹️

0 Kudos