ArcGIS Indoors Mobile App

08-16-2023 05:09 AM
YaraBathish
New Contributor II

I'm sharing a floor-aware map as a mobile package, all the layers are referencing to other online layers including Levels. I checked the "Reference online content" before sharing the mobile package.

But on my Android phone I can't see the level slider, thus I can't pick any level, I can only search for the rooms.

On another IPhone, my colleague can see the level slider normally.

Has anyone got any ideas why? I appreciate any shared thoughts!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

Hello @YaraBathish ,

Documentation is already mention that Indoors mobile application does not support reference online content for all layers.

• The following layers are supported by Indoors mobile apps to connect to and reference online content:
  • Floor plan layers such as Details, Levels, and Facilities should not reference online content.
  • Online content can only reference feature service-based layers. Map image layers are not supported.
  • All layers in the map should have unique names.

You can check below link for more details.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/indoors/mobile/ios/prepare-a-map-for-indoors-mobile.htm

Best,

Suleyman.

0 Kudos
YaraBathish
New Contributor II

Hello @Suleyman-Arslan ,
Thank you for your reply!
Yes but we had a problem, if we reference only the layer you mentioned above, checked "Reference online content", and published the mobile package, we can't see the other layers anymore, we can only see the online layers.
And if we don't check "Reference online content", we can't reserve any hotels or meetings.
Do you have any idea why we're having such problems?

0 Kudos
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

Hello @YaraBathish ,

For the floor picker functionality you have to sure that you are not referencing online content for Details, Levels and Facilities layer. So those layer data source should be geodatabase directly.

In the other hand you should set data sources to online content (web feature layer) for such layers Reservations, Units, Occupants, Events, Areas Table, etc. Than you should set "Check the Reference Online Content" check box while sharing mobile map package.

Hope this helps.

Suleyman.

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @YaraBathish

I would like to one more point to what @Suleyman-Arslan has already posted (very helpful post Suleyman!).

The Share Mobile Map package tool has the 'Clip' choice selected by default. If Clip is selected then only the data that is visible in the map gets packaged. Typically, users make a mistake when they run the tool with the 'Clip' option checked while the map is zoomed in such that only a room or a part of the building is visible in the map instead of the entire site or facility. This results in the same experience of missing data or floor filter that you are encountering.

May I know if you had Clip selected or another option selected when you created the mobile map? Also, what version of ArcGIS Pro are you using? I am assuming you have the latest version (v1.13) of the Indoors mobile app on iOS and Android.

- Gaurav

0 Kudos