Manage Tile Cache Skipping Bundles

08-02-2018 05:58 AM
Labels (1)
GeorgeNewbury
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

Has anyone had any issues with creating using the Manage Tile Cache tool, and having it skip bundles?

Using ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2

Source Data :  Mosaic Dataset referencing MrSID files on an external usb 3.0 drive. Using Mosaic Dataset Boundary as input aoi.

Output Data: Tile Cache Bundles at L20, ArcGIS/Bing/Google Schema, writing to an SSD

Other details :  using 8 for a parallel processing factor, system has 12 cores and has hyper-threading on, so it looks like 24, I know it is advised to turn off hyper-threading, but this is a corporate workstation so that is another bureaucratic hurdle I haven't started. 

See attached. Color ramp tiles are the extent of the bundles at L20. Green squares are the original mrsid footprints.

I never had any problems on ArcMap, going to try that again. 

Thanks

George

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

You might also try upgrading to the latest and greatest version of Pro (2.2.1).  I think you might need to upgrade to 2.2.0 first and then apply the patch that was just released a few days ago.

0 Kudos
GeorgeNewbury
Occasional Contributor

It was user error. I had been been scanning the bundles and just refreshing the layer representing their extents, but the bundles that I thought were skipped were just outside the range of the symbology. My mistake.

Thanks for the reply though Michael.

George

0 Kudos