Select to view content in your preferred language

Image Service appears white in full extent

06-02-2010 11:49 AM
XimenaCorrea
New Contributor
When I create an Image Service from some Raster Datasets I got an error in the last two overviews generation. I ignored it but when I try to consume the service published with ArcGIS Server in the full extent, it appears white; when I zoom in it appears correctly.

Please find detailed information in the attached file.

Please help me,

Thank you.
Ximena C
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor
Looks like something incorrect in the definition of the top most service overviews. Suggest you select and delete the top (largest LoPS) overviews, then redefine the service overviews and regenerate. May have been caused by an error in the boundary. Re-generate the boundary prior to redefining the service overviews.
0 Kudos
XimenaCorrea
New Contributor
Thank Peter.
It seems this error happens when the default base pixel size to generate the overviews is too small. For this reason, I am thinking to create the image service using the New Image Service Wizard as usually but now, making sure the default "generate overviews" and "compile the service for publishing" options are unchecked. Finally, create the overview using a bigger base pixel size.

I haven't told you that the warning message that I got when I was trying to see the service in full extent was:

Warning: maximum number of rasters selected for the requested AOI. Number of selecter raster exceeds the maximum rasters allowed.

What I think is that I have to edit the Max. rasters displayed parameter in the Image Service properties, then compile it and finally restart the image service that I had published.

What do you think?

Ximena C
0 Kudos