Select to view content in your preferred language

Where to store data for inferencing (classify_pixels) in arcgis_learn

12-16-2023 04:55 AM
Labels (2)
JadedEarth
Frequent Contributor

I'm using Deep Learning version 3.2 for Python API.

My cloned python environment is on my Drive C while all my data are on Drive E (much larger storage capacity than C).

When I specify my data path in classify_pixels function, it can't find the file for my input raster.  The raster to be classified is in a file geodatabase.  I'm getting the error, "Could not find the file specified."

1.  Is there something wrong with using literal raw string to specify the file path for file geodatase?  Example,

data_path = r"E:\NAIP_TX\TX_Counties_aea.gdb\Bell027_aea"

2.  Do I have to store my data where my python environment is located (Drive C)?  That would be a problem because I have terrabytes of data to process and my Drive C is strictly for software only.

Appreciate any suggestions.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JadedEarth
Frequent Contributor

In addition to the above issue, it seems that Python can't find drives other than the C: drive.  How do I make Python recognize the other drives in my computer?  When I type:  dir E:\, it knows that there is a drive E and lists the directories within it.  But when I try to use the cd command to change the directory to Drive E, it doesn't return anything.

I think if I can resolve this issue, I'd be able to run my inferencing function like "Classify Pixels".  

Appreciate any help.

0 Kudos