When is Open Data slated to allow download of imagery?

12-22-2014 12:10 PM
LukeBehling
Occasional Contributor

I would like to create an Open Data site to allow download of our raster files (from a mosaic dataset, shared as an image service) directly from ArcGIS Open Data.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

I'm also interested in this answer.  Would love to share out imagery this way.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Luke, we're really excited about image services and plan to support them during Q1 of this year. When you talk about downloads, what formats are you looking for? Would options of jpg, png and tiff suffice?

General caveat: we are an agile team and development schedules are subject to change at any time.

ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

I agree with Luke, Definitely Tiff, but I'm also thinking file geodatabase with ESRI's Grid format.  What do you think? 

I have also requested the opinion of my scientists who are looking to publish out their raster data and should hear back from them in about a week or so.

0 Kudos
LukeBehling
Occasional Contributor

We don't really need jpg or png, but tiff absolutely!

0 Kudos
LukeBehling
Occasional Contributor

I don't use GRID, but I know people that do and I'm sure they would really like that.

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Having imagery served through Open Data would definitely save us time. At the moment, these requests have to be done manually (don't get too many though).

I think tiff, jpeg and png would all be needed by various clients so it would be good to have all options available.

0 Kudos