Tag based Query is not working

01-21-2020 04:25 AM
Shiva_PrakashYaragal
Esri Contributor

Hi 

We have built Geo hub. 

While working on "Category" section we are facing problems related to tag based search.

Problem : In "category setting" section when we are using tag based search. The tag that we have defined are not getting populated. We have tags like "Waste", "solid" etc but these are not coming in drop down. Previously these tags used to get populated in the drop down, however now they are not getting populated. These tags "Waste" etc has been added to respective dataset and these dataset have been shared with the required group.

So if any one is facing similar problem, please let us know if they is work around. I am attaching screen shot of the same. #hub#tag#hub page

Tags (3)
26 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this same issue, although I am creating my site through Portal not ArcGIS Online. I have created unique tags but nothing shows up. Am I missing something obvious? 

ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. You should be able to see autosuggestions when you type. Are you able to get any results when you add a single tag? I would suggest that you test by adding a tag query for a single item that appears in your site's search results. Sites created on Portal support tag queries just like Hub sites.

0 Kudos
DonaldKillorn
New Contributor

I am having the same issue. None of my tags or categories are showing up in the category card settings on my Hub site. Are there any updates on this?

0 Kudos
AdamCottrell
Occasional Contributor II

I, too, am having the same issue as Donald.  I have tags on items and I have created organization categories but none of these are showing up when I am trying use them for Gallery Cards or Category Cards.  Am I missing a step somewhere that allows Hub Site to see these?  I also added categories in Groups but this does not seem to work either.

Thank you in advance 

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi Donald Killorn and Adam Cottrell‌,

We have found an issue but a fix should be rolling out later on today.

Thanks,

Thomas

AdamCottrell

Thank you Thomas.  I was able to delete the default text (ex. Agriculture) and add my tag/category text.  After hitting save, it worked but, yes, having the drop down and/or predictive texting is beneficial!

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

The fix is out. Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues.

0 Kudos
AdamCottrell

Yes, I am now seeing the tags and categorized names.  Thank you!

jp503
by
New Contributor III

Hi all, I'm still having this issue. Even though I have tagged items within my organization with this tag, the tag does not come up in auto suggestions.

Could a feature be added that allows you to put in a tag that doesn't exist, which would then create it? I get that the auto suggestion is created for ease of use/to limit misspellings, but it sounds like it would be a lot simpler to allow people custom tags in addition to the auto suggestion. Thanks!

meganfraser
New Contributor

I am currently having the same issue -- as I build out my Hub site and attempt to use category cards, none of my tags are appearing but other tag options are; however I have been successfully using this Hub site for several months (with category cards) and have not encountered this issue until this week. I have ensured that the content is shared with my Hub application and the appropriate groups, with correct tags to match.

Is there an update that I'm missing? Thanks!