Shapefile downloads missing some files

11-13-2015 01:24 PM
AparnaBokey
New Contributor III

I have noticed this unusual behavior today -some of the data layers on our Open Data site are not being downloaded with all the associated layers. There is no .shp and .shx files present in the zip file for the download. However this happens to only few of the layers. I have reset the download button via the Data Manager site but this has not helped. Any help would be appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Aparna, I'm sorry you're facing this issue. Can you please share the urls of the affected datasets?

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Aparna,

The first service is failing when trying basic queries, support can help you work through this

http://ca.dep.state.fl.us/arcgis/rest/services/OpenData/AQUATIC_PRESERVES/MapServer/0/query?where=1=1&f=json

The second problem seems to be transient. I reset the download and it is working fine. Please note that the only the refresh button next to each dataset will reset the download. The button at the top of the list will not actually reset the download.

Although I was unable to reproduce your issues in our QA environment, we will continue looking for a permanent solution.

Daniel

AparnaBokey
New Contributor III

Thanks much for looking into this Daniel! One of the data layers downloaded as expected.

We had already contact support about the download issues last month. We are still not able to download large polygons via the Open Data site. They were not able to offer us a permanent solution after trying different processes. They had logged a bug with the Open Data team regarding this issue.

AparnaBokey
New Contributor III

Update - I just tried downloading the Aquatic Preserves data today via our Open Data site and it downloaded fine along with all the associated files. Thanks for fixing the error.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

I actually didn't fix anything. It may be an error that happens sporadically. If this is a dataset that doesn't change very often, I'd recommend that you set the download cache to manual in your data manager. This will help prevent any future download errors because we already have the data cached now.

AparnaBokey
New Contributor III

Thanks for the tip Daniel. I will definitely set the download cache to manual for any data layers that are static for the most part. However we have seen that the reset download button next to the dataset name

continues to spin indefinitely when we click to reset the download cache and we are not sure if/when the process has been completed.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Ignore that spinning. It's going to be fixed in a future version.

Sent by Outlook<http://taps.io/outlookmobile> for Android

ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

We actually had this same issue not too long ago.

It was as if the Open Data index/cache/whatever it is, failed to include the shp/shx files when it was indexed.

0 Kudos