Select to view content in your preferred language

Public content not visible in ArcGIS Hub

12-08-2019 11:51 PM
AleksandraZietara
New Contributor III

Hello, I have a site on ArcGIS Hub which is shared Public. Most of my data are also going to be public in order to let everyone download different datasets. 

I experience some strange behavior today. When a hosted feature layer from ArcGIS Online is shared only with my organization and ArcGIS Hub Content group, it is visible in Content Library in Hub as expected. However, when I share a feature class with everyone (and still ArcGIS Hub Content group), the feature class disappears from Content Library and is no longer visible in my Hub Site. 

I have tested ArcGIS Hub for couple of weeks ago and as I remember I did not have any problems with content shared publicly. What is the right way to use hosted features layers shared with everyone in ArcGIS Hub?

11 Replies
County_of_SullivanRPS
New Contributor II

I just had the same issue a few days ago and ended up having to set a search area for the layer/service that was not showing up. Once I did that it appeared as it should and is downloadable. Weird behavior as I have never had to do that before but it worked so...

How to do it:

View your site using the configuration button > click the pencil (on the left) to enter edit/configuration mode > use the "Hub" drop down (top of page) and select "All Content" > select the content giving you issues > in the content detail page scroll down to "Location" > click "Item's Current Extent" > Save

You should now be able to view it in your site.

0 Kudos
LisaDong
Esri Contributor

Hi everyone, heads up. If you are in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2, this is a logged defect:

• BUG-000163121 - The ArcGIS Enterprise Sites Gallery layout no longer shows items correctly in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2.
  • Details - Items don't display even when items are shared publicly.
  • Workarounds:
    • There are two options:

• For Appearance in the Gallery, choose option to Use Icon rather than Use Thumbnails.
      • Use the Image card instead to upload thumbnails of the items & add hyperlinks to the images via Options.
0 Kudos