Open Data website & PDF iFrames

04-11-2019 06:11 AM
AndrewNichols1
New Contributor II

Hello. We are experiencing some interesting behavior on our Open Data website and was hoping someone would have some insight.

We have a collection of Static Maps uploaded as PDFs to ArcGIS Online and Shared with our Open Data Group. When you go to the item in the Open Data site only a small portion of the pdf is visible (see image 1). Is this normal behavior for an Open Data Site? In the Open Data Settings; Under the Capabilities tab I toggled on and off the "Document iFrames" option but saving and refreshing the site has no effect.

10 Replies
TPB_COGGIS_Team
New Contributor III

So we either have to live with the PDF document iframe preview or have the ability to show the metadata detail for our pages? 

I do not see a way for users to be able to look at an item's content page if the 'Document Iframes' is disabled-- the link opens directly. which is nice.....but being able to see some text about what the user is opening is really the purpose of having a content item isn't it? Why must I choose metadata or a clean document preview-less interface? I do not believe this was the case when I uploaded documents in the past. 

0 Kudos